Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2018/01/10 09:28:26 UTC

[compress] javac uses --release on Jenkins/Windows

Hi all

has anybody got any idea why javac should suddenly start using --release
for a Java7 javac on the windows boxes but not for Linux?

I recall Gary updatng all kinds of Maven plugins as well as infra
updating the jenkins nodes to run Java9 but the build explicitly selects
Java7 - and this kind of configuration seems to work for the Matrix
build.

Stefan

Re: [compress] javac uses --release on Jenkins/Windows

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-01-10, sebb wrote:

> I just changed the build to use Java 8 for running Maven (not for
> compilation/testing)
> [On the basis that one starts by fixing the easy issues]

> This has got rid of the warning about using an incompatible Java.

> Furthermore it seems to have fixed the main problem.

Many thanks

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I just changed the build to use Java 8 for running Maven (not for
compilation/testing)
[On the basis that one starts by fixing the easy issues]

This has got rid of the warning about using an incompatible Java.

Furthermore it seems to have fixed the main problem.

Looks like when Jenkins retries using a different Java that it somehow
mangles the javac command line.