Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by axiez <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/10 11:55:54 UTC

package javax.resource.spi.security does not exist

I am trying to compile PasswordLoginModule.java but getting compilation error
that says "package javax.resource.spi.security does not exist".

Re: package javax.resource.spi.security does not exist

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 11, 2009, at 8:53 PM, axiez wrote:

> I added the following dependency to pom.xml:
>    <dependency>
>
> <uri>org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec/1.0.1/geronimo-
> ejb_3.0_spec-1.0.1.jar</uri>
>    </dependency>
> Error message when I tried to compile it:
> Parse error reading POM. Unrecognized tag: 'uri

that's not legal xml for maven.  What I do is copy the dependency I
want from the dependencyManagement section where the version is
specified and remove the line with the version.  For more info on
maven I recommend the sonatype book:

http://books.sonatype.com/maven-book/reference/public-book.html

but you shouldn't need to read it to make a simple build work.

david jencks

Posted by axiez <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by axiez <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by axiez <le...@gmail.com>.
I am compiling with javac.
geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec-1.0.1.jar is already in the classpath.

Posted by Forrest_Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by axiez <le...@gmail.com>.
I added but still I am getting the following compilation error:
package javax.ejb does not exist

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
You haven't provided enough info for us to do more than guess.

What class(es) are not compiling?
What relationship do these classes have to javax.resource.spi.security?
What are the dependencies of your maven project?

btw that package is supplied by

             <dependency>
                 <artifactId>geronimo-j2ee-connector_1.5_spec</
artifactId>
                 <version>2.0.0</version>
             </dependency>

thanks
david jencks

Posted by axiez <le...@gmail.com>.
I downloaded Maven 2.0.9 and used it to compile my first sample project. It
gave a compilation failure message "package javax.resource.spi.security"
does not exist