Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <Ja...@syntegra.com> on 2000/10/06 22:45:26 UTC

automatically create javadoc?

How do the build scripts automatically create the javadoc API documentation
for my classes?

I looked in my build.xml for tomcat 3.1 and it has this:

<target name="javadoc" depends="prepare">
    <!-- TODO -->
</target>

What should go inside there rather than TODO???

Jake

Re: automatically create javadoc?

Posted by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net>.
Hi,

Consider downloading jakarta-ant.tar.gz and reading the docs,
or having them as a reference at least.

The alternative is using the included example.  I've commented out
the deltree command, as I don't want to get in trouble if you
delete your harddrive. 8)

Good luck,

Kenneth Topp
----
  <target name="init">
      <property name="mycompany.home" value="/path/to/root" />
  </target>

  <target name="docs" depends="init">
   <!--  <deltree dir="${mycompany.home}/docs/javadoc" />  -->
    <mkdir dir="${mycompany.home}/docs/javadoc" />
    <javadoc packagenames="com.mycompany.*"
             sourcepath="${mycompany.home}/src"
             destdir="${mycompany.home}/docs/javadoc"
             author="true"
             version="true"
             use="true"
             windowtitle="Mycompany internal API"
             doctitle="Mycompany internal"
             bottom="Copyright &#169; 2000 My Company . All RightsReserved."
    />
  </target>
----