Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com> on 2010/04/14 00:34:16 UTC

[Vote] Augment feature

Ok, so this didn't start out as a vote thread, just my suggestion for
what questions should appear in the vote. But since it has morphed into
that I've changed the subject line to make it easier for people to find.
So the questions are:

1. Are you in favor of adding the augment feature to Ant?

2. Are you in favor of an attribute that allows references to be marked
as final, to avoid augmentation?

3. If a final attribute is decided upon, do you think it should default
to "false"?

If you have already voted, no need to recast your vote.

Re: [Result][Vote] Augment feature

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Thanks for adding the task Matt,

Antoine

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Augment feature

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
On 13/04/2010 3:34 PM, Bruce Atherton wrote:

> 1. Are you in favor of adding the augment feature to Ant?

+1

> 2. Are you in favor of an attribute that allows references to be
> marked as final, to avoid augmentation?

-0

> 3. If a final attribute is decided upon, do you think it should
> default to "false"?

+1

Re: [Vote] Augment feature

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
Martijn,
  <augment> can change properties that are coded as attributes, but
only interacts with nested elements by adding new children to a given
reference.  The task as it stands is extremely, extremely simple.  Any
restrictions we care to impose would complicate it immensely--I would
again urge that we consider addressing this universally for all
"attack vectors" by creating a task to "armor" a reference.  In my
copious spare time (ha) I may start a sandbox antlib for that purpose.
 Thanks for not wanting to be a blocker.  :)

-Matt

Re: [Vote] Augment feature

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@famkruithof.net>.
Hello

Re: [Vote] Augment feature

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
[repeating part of my vote since I didn't vote on the third question
last time]

On 2010-04-14, Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com> wrote:

> 1. Are you in favor of adding the augment feature to Ant?

+1

> 2. Are you in favor of an attribute that allows references to be
> marked as final, to avoid augmentation?

-0

> 3. If a final attribute is decided upon, do you think it should
> default to "false"?

+0

Stefan

Re: [Vote] Augment feature

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Same here

Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> 1. Are you in favor of adding the augment feature to Ant?
>>

>  +1
>

>> 2. Are you in favor of an attribute that allows references to
>>    be marked as final, to avoid augmentation?
>>

> +0
>

>> 3. If a final attribute is decided upon, do you think it
>>    should default to "false"?
>>

> +1

Regards,

Antoine

Re: [Vote] Augment feature

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
> 1. Are you in favor of adding the augment feature to Ant?

 +1

> 2. Are you in favor of an attribute that allows references to
>    be marked as final, to avoid augmentation?

+0

> 3. If a final attribute is decided upon, do you think it
>    should default to "false"?

+1

--DD

AW: [Vote] Augment feature

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
> So the questions are:
>
> 1. Are you in favor of adding the augment feature to Ant?

+1

> 2. Are you in favor of an attribute that allows references to
> be marked as final, to avoid augmentation?

+0

> 3. If a final attribute is decided upon, do you think it
> should default to "false"?

+1

Jan