Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Subhadip Bagui <i....@gmail.com> on 2015/08/10 21:11:39 UTC

Jclouds support for google cloud

Hi,

Trying to understand the Jclouds support for google cloud compute and
storage APIs. I have taken the sample project google-lb from
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/tree/master/google-lb/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/google/lb
and the same is working fine with compute service.

But our current project is on jclouds version 1.7.3 Please let me know if
the google compute engine api support is there for the version 1.7.3

Is there any place I can find the API document which I can follow for
google compute and storage operations?

Regards,
Subhadip

Re: Jclouds support for google cloud

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
[bcc: jclouds-dev]

jclouds 1.7.3 is quite old and I recommend using the latest 1.9.1.
1.7.3 included support for Google Compute Engine but 1.8.0 introduced
support for Google Cloud Storage.  Both providers have a lot of
improvements in more recent versions.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 12:41:39AM +0530, Subhadip Bagui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to understand the Jclouds support for google cloud compute and
> storage APIs. I have taken the sample project google-lb from
> https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/tree/master/google-lb/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/google/lb
> and the same is working fine with compute service.
>
> But our current project is on jclouds version 1.7.3 Please let me know if
> the google compute engine api support is there for the version 1.7.3
>
> Is there any place I can find the API document which I can follow for
> google compute and storage operations?
>
> Regards,
> Subhadip

Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: Jclouds support for google cloud

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Subhadip

> For now to include GCE in our current setup is there any workaround
> we can do?
>
> I tried the same with the compute operation but getting the below
> issue for version 1.7.3. Any suggestion?

The jclouds GCE provider JARs will not work under 1.7.3 - unfortunately,
you will indeed need to upgrade to a newer version of jclouds.

As an extreme option, you could consider back-porting the GCE provider
to 1.7.x yourself, but that would likely involve much more work than
upgrading jclouds to 1.9.1.

Regards

ap

Re: Jclouds support for google cloud

Posted by Subhadip Bagui <i....@gmail.com>.
Hi Ignasi,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand there will be complications on 1.7.3 version and we need to
try with latest version only. But the problem for me is, our product is
built on 1.7.3 and we already have support for 6 clouds, Now If I'm going
for update jcloud version so many APIs will break as we are using some apis
which has been deprecated or remove from Jclouds. We are planning to do
upgrade very soon.

For now to include GCE in our current setup is there any workaround we can
do?

I tried the same with the compute operation but getting the below issue for
version 1.7.3. Any suggestion?

Caused by: com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError:
com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError:
com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.jclouds.crypto.Pems.privateKeySpec(Lcom/google/common/io/ByteSource;)Ljava/security/spec/KeySpec;
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2197)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3932)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3936)
at
com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4806)

Regards,
Subhadip

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Subhadip,

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Subhadip,

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
[bcc: jclouds-dev]

jclouds 1.7.3 is quite old and I recommend using the latest 1.9.1.
1.7.3 included support for Google Compute Engine but 1.8.0 introduced
support for Google Cloud Storage.  Both providers have a lot of
improvements in more recent versions.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 12:41:39AM +0530, Subhadip Bagui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to understand the Jclouds support for google cloud compute and
> storage APIs. I have taken the sample project google-lb from
> https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/tree/master/google-lb/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/google/lb
> and the same is working fine with compute service.
>
> But our current project is on jclouds version 1.7.3 Please let me know if
> the google compute engine api support is there for the version 1.7.3
>
> Is there any place I can find the API document which I can follow for
> google compute and storage operations?
>
> Regards,
> Subhadip

Andrew Gaul