Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by John Brandenburg <jb...@forumone.com> on 2013/09/19 22:54:13 UTC

SOLR-5250

Greetings,

This is a follow up to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5250 where I reported a possible issue with sorting content which contains hyphens. Hoss Man suggested that I likely have a misconfiguration on my field settings and that I send a message to this list.

I am using the Drupal apachesolr module version 1.4 (Where I actually also posted an issue at https://drupal.org/node/2092363) with a hosted Acquia solr index. So the schema settings will reflect what is packaged with the apachesolr module in "drupal-3.0-rc2-solr3."

I wasn't initially familiar with how Drupal field types are mapped to Solr field types, and the field in question is using the Text field widget, BUT while researching for this message, I've learned about the important difference between a text field and a string field in solr and it appears that by default, the Drupal apachesolr module indexes text fields as "text" and not strings. Now I just need to figure out how to alter this process to suit my own needs. I'll update that d.org ticket with my findings so hopefully that will prevent some other future, confused developer from reaching out to the Apache Foundation prematurely.

--
John P. Brandenburg
Developer

jbrandenburg@forumone.com
www.forumone.com
703-894-4362

Forum One Communications
Communicate • Collaborate • Change the World

Re: SOLR-5250

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: widget, BUT while researching for this message, I've learned about the
: important difference between a text field and a string field in solr and
: it appears that by default, the Drupal apachesolr module indexes text
: fields as "text" and not strings. Now I just need to figure out how to
: alter this process to suit my own needs. I'll update that d.org ticket
: with my findings so hopefully that will prevent some other future,
: confused developer from reaching out to the Apache Foundation
: prematurely.

John: glad to hear you wer able to track down the root cause of your
problem.

Thanks for closing the loop, and good luck on finding a solution that
works nicely with the drupal bridge you are using.

Please feel free to folow up on this list with any additional questions
you have on the solr side of things.

-Hoss