Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Schwartz <al...@interActive-systems.de> on 2007/01/19 14:13:16 UTC

[m2] subversion repository upload using webdav

Hi,

(crossposting to users@maven.apache.org and maven-wagon-users)

as Brett Porter suggested (/"Storing your Maven Repository in
CVS/Subversion",
/http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/brett/archives/001066_storing_your_maven_repository_in_cvssubversion.html)
I would like to maintain the corporate maven repositories of my company
in our subversion system.

My questions are:
  -- Does anyone succeeded to configure m2 (and subversion) to upload
artifacts in
      a subversion repository using the maven webdav support?
  -- Are there any preconditions on the subversion installation?
  -- Are there any related open bugs?
  -- Any common pitfalls?

I appreciate any hints.
(In case it works I will provide a corresponding wiki page. :))

Best regards,

Alex

Re: [m2] subversion repository upload using webdav

Posted by Alex Schwartz <al...@schwartzonline.de>.

Alex Schwartz wrote:

> I assume I did not configured it correctly, or there is a bug in
> wagon-scm.
> -- Alex

I located a bug in wagon-scm and tried to patch it. I am going to post this
topic to the maven-wagon list.

Posted by Alex Schwartz <al...@schwartzonline.de>.

Posted by Alex Schwartz <al...@schwartzonline.de>.

Carlos Sanchez-4 wrote:

> i have used wagon-scm (only implemented with subversion) although I'd
> say is alpha/beta quality, never tried wagon-webdav for svn

thank's for the hint. My first attempts to configure wagon-scm were not
successful.
I added the following to the pom.xml:

    <distributionManagement>
        <snapshotRepository>
            <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
            <name>My SVN Snapshot Repo</name>
            <id>svnrepo</id>
            <url>scm:svn:file:///H:/MySvnRepository/Playground/m2-repo</url>
        </snapshotRepository>
    </distributionManagement>
     <build>
        <extensions>
            <extension>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
                <artifactId>wagon-scm</artifactId>
                <version>1.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT</version>
            </extension>
            <extension>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-svnexe</artifactId>
                <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            </extension>
        </extensions>

The logs:

[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
altDeploymentRepository = null
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from svnrepo
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive checkout
file:///H:/MySvnRepository/Playground/m2-repo/net/sf/jgabl2/net.sf.jgabl2.core/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT
0.8.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Working directory:
e:\JavaDev\EclipseWorkspaces\workspace_3.2\net.sf.jgabl5\modules\core\target\checkout\net\sf\jgabl2\net.sf.jgabl2.core
Uploading:
scm:svn:file:///H:/MySvnRepository/Playground/m2-repo/net/sf/jgabl2/net.sf.jgabl2.core/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/net.sf.jgabl2.core-0.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive list
file:///H:/MySvnRepository/Playground/m2-repo/.
[INFO] Working directory: f:\tmp
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive checkout
file:///H:/MySvnRepository/Playground/m2-repo checkout
[INFO] Working directory:
e:\JavaDev\EclipseWorkspaces\workspace_3.2\net.sf.jgabl5\modules\core\target
[INFO] Executing: svn add --non-recursive
net.sf.jgabl2.core-0.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Working directory:
e:\JavaDev\EclipseWorkspaces\workspace_3.2\net.sf.jgabl5\modules\core\target\checkout
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Unable to add file to SCM:
target\checkout\net\sf\jgabl2\net.sf.jgabl2.core\0.8.0-SNAPSHOT\net.sf.jgabl2.core-0.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;
see error messages above for more information

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
wagon-scm works also fine with cvs btw.. Using it in my custom version of continuum. It is working
great for us.

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.