Posted to user@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/05/01 11:54:44 UTC

Re: [Logging] Standalone App using BeanUtils getting wierd exception

hi brandon

i think i know the cause of your problem (see below).

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 09:42 PM, Brandon Goodin wrote:

<snip>

> I use a properties file in the classpath called commons-logging.properties
> It contains the following single line...
>
> ------ Config start ------
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Simple
> Log
> ------ Config end ------

commons logging uses two different abstractions - LogFactory (which is in
charge of determining the logging configuration strategy) and Log (which
does the actual logging).

SimpleLog is a Log implementation (rather than a LogFactory implementation)
.

try:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl
    org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog

instead.

- robert

Re: [Logging] Standalone App using BeanUtils getting wierd exception

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
it's covered in the java docs but not (at the moment) in the users guide.
(i'll probably add something about it now.)

i've also enhanced the error handling so that a more obvious message is
shown in circumstances like this.

- robert

Posted by Brandon Goodin <ma...@phase.ws>.