Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2008/11/09 21:55:44 UTC

Resurrecting commons-email - Was:MultiPartMail order of parts

Hi Markus,

I opened a JIRA a while ago
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMAIL-77) to no avail. So it seems
that commons-email do need some additional attention .... :-).

+) well, during the next 2-3 weeks I try to get my commons-exec release
out of the door (politely spoken the release is overdue)
+) after that I can spend some time on commons-email to fix the most
pressing issues
+) I have an snapshot which does not have the problem and is used in
productions

Any hands out to help with commons-email and become a commons-email
maintainer?

+) looking at the changes report none of the original developers are
around and/or actively working on commons ... :-(
+) as part of Apache Turbine folks I'm attached to this project since it
originated from there ... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: a bit off-topic, does anyone know what Eric Pugh is currently doing?!

Re: Resurrecting commons-email - Was:MultiPartMail order of parts

Posted by Markus Mehrwald <mm...@gmx.at>.
Hi Siegfried,

I discovered the problem: in the HtmlEmail when building the mail you
just need to add the parts with the text (html or plain) to position 0.
I did not have a look at other mail classes whether the problem is the
same, but the solution should be as easy as here.
I hope this will be enough but for me it works.

Hope this helps,
Markus

Posted by Corey Scott <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Siegfried,

Its not disappointing at all, just wanted to clarify.  Im hoping to find
sometime to help out with this, instead of just lurking on the mailing
list like I have been doing.

Cheers,
Corey

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Corey,

Posted by Corey Scott <co...@gmail.com>.
Siegfried,

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.

Posted by Dave Meikle <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Simone,

I guess the "someone else" is me .... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Siegfried,

Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> I opened a JIRA a while ago
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMAIL-77) to no avail. So it seems
> that commons-email do need some additional attention .... :-).
>
> +) well, during the next 2-3 weeks I try to get my commons-exec release
> out of the door (politely spoken the release is overdue)
> +) after that I can spend some time on commons-email to fix the most
> pressing issues
> +) I have an snapshot which does not have the problem and is used in
> productions
>
> Any hands out to help with commons-email and become a commons-email
> maintainer?
>
> +) looking at the changes report none of the original developers are
> around and/or actively working on commons ... :-(
> +) as part of Apache Turbine folks I'm attached to this project since it
> originated from there ... :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>
> PS: a bit off-topic, does anyone know what Eric Pugh is currently doing?!
>
> Markus Mehrwald wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use a HTMLEmail with attachments. If I only set the text of the mail
>> everything works fine but adding attachments messes up the parts and
>> something else then my original text (in this case the attached text
>> file) is shown in my mail client.
>> It makes no difference if I attach files before or after setting the
>> mail text.
>>
>> Thank you for help,
>> Markus

Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
http://www.simonegianni.it/