Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2014/11/16 22:57:56 UTC

repoURL not passed to container from application defintion

Hi,

When an application is deployed with the following definition the repoURL
is not passed to the container as an environment variable. Furthermore, it
seems the ArtifactUpdatedEvent is also not published. Therefore, although
the InstanceActivatedEvent is published from the agent, the artifacts are
not copied to the app path.

Following is the application definition I used.

{
  "applicationId": "test_app_2",
  "alias": "mytestapp1",
  "components": {
    "subscribables": [
      {
        "type": "php",
        "alias": "myphp"
      }
    ],

  },
  "subscribableInfo": [
    {
      "alias": "myphp",
      "commitsEnabled": "false",
      "autoscalingPolicy": "economy",
      "repoURL": "https://github.com/drnic/php-helloworld.git",
      "property": [
        {
          "name": "KUBERNETES_CLUSTER_ID",
          "value": "KubGrp1"
        },
        {
          "name": "KUBERNETES_REPLICAS_MIN",
          "value": "3"
        },
        {
          "name": "KUBERNETES_REPLICAS_MAX",
          "value": "20"
        },
        {
          "name": "payload_parameter.MB_IP",
          "value": "172.17.8.1"
        },
        {
          "name": "payload_parameter.MB_PORT",
          "value": "1883"
        },
        {
          "name": "payload_parameter.CEP_IP",
          "value": "172.17.8.1"
        },
        {
          "name": "payload_parameter.CEP_PORT",
          "value": "7711"
        },
        {
          "name": "payload_parameter.APP_PATH",
          "value": "/var/www/www"
        },
        {
          "name": "payload_parameter.LOG_LEVEL",
          "value": "DEBUG"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Re: repoURL not passed to container from application defintion

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chamila,

In VM scenario repo URL should be passed to the instance as payload and to
metadata service. Additionally username and encrypted password is published
to metadata service. Could you check whether they are published to metadata
service.

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: repoURL not passed to container from application defintion

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Created JIRA