Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lenny Sorey <lr...@fatdot.com> on 2002/07/11 21:14:04 UTC

Log4j-1.2.5

Let me rephrase my question:

After some research through the Jakarta Commons Logging site,
I've come to the conclusion that it is going to be very involved to set up
Log4j-1.2.5 with Tomcat 4.1.3!!!

If someone using Tomcat 4.1.*  has already successfully set up and is using any versions of Log4j
under Tomcat 4.1.* with along Commons Logging jars, would you please forward
an example of how you set up to me.

I've read just about everything I could find regarding log4j and commons logging
and I still cannot figure out how to set them up to work together.

Any resonse would be greatly appreciated.

Please excuse the multiple posts, but I'm am really looking for a solution to this my problem.

Thanks,

Lenny Sorey

Where exactly should the log4j-1.2.5.jar be located in order to get it to work
within Tomcat 4.1.3?

I can get log4j to work with log4j.properties while I run it as a separate servlet
by starting it from a command line with java after I compile it the servlet alone.

I still can't get it to work with Tomcat 4.1.3

My JSP's currently run find and retrieve data.  I really need to place some log4j statement to debug
in some servlets. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Oh Yeah, The folks from the Loggers4J Users group suggested that I asked this group for help regarding
using log4j with Tomcat.

Platform again:

Windows 2000 Professional
Tomcat 4.1.3