Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/15 23:03:33 UTC

switching to maven?

I have an existing eclipse project, a "dynamic web application", which
I've been working on.  I'm also using subversion (subclipse).  My
problem is that my directory/folder structure is significantly different
than the maven convention, and I would prefer to switch to the maven
convention.  I'm not sure how I should proceed.

For example, could I simply reorganize my directory structure in
subversion to match the maven convention and then import it into a new
eclipse project that's been set up to play nicely with maven?

I guess I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to proceed, for long
term happiness, and not some hack method that I may regret later on.

Thanks