Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by James Hardwick <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/02 22:07:40 UTC

2.6.0 to 2.7.1 upgrade classpath woes

We’re experiencing some issues with a hadoop 2.6.0 to 2.7.1 upgrade and we’ve largely exhausted our own ideas, so opening this up to the larger community for additional input.

Upon kicking off our MapperJob’s, we get the following:

SEVERE: Error starting MRAppMaster
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.log4j.LogManager
   at org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory.getLogger(Log4jLoggerFactory.java:64)
   at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:285)
   at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:305)
   at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName.<clinit>(KerberosName.java:43)
   at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.initialize(UserGroupInformation.java:275)
   at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(UserGroupInformation.java:311)
   at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster.initAndStartAppMaster(MRAppMaster.java:1492)
   at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster.main(MRAppMaster.java:1448)

I’ve verified that all the necessary libs are on the classpath of the job being executed. Nothing changed in any of our own configs or the code being executed (as far as I can tell). Our 2.6.0 based branch is still working fine.

Any ideas?

--
James Hardwick