Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by THMayr <Th...@adesso.de> on 2016/03/11 08:18:23 UTC

Broker redelivery not working

Hi,

I deployed a MDB on WildFliy 10.0.0 and WebLogic 12c (not at the same time)
and connected it to an ActiveMQ queue. Now I tried to define redelivery of
messages using the /redelivery-plugin/ as described here:  Broker Redelivery
(v5.7) <http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html>
. I set the /maximumRedeliveries /to zero, but I get always 6 re-deliveres
when message processing fails in the MDB. My configuration looks like this:

In the MDB I set the EJB context to rollback
(/MessageDrivenContext.setRollbackOnly()/). This works well, when I set the
/activation-config-property/ /maximumRedeliveries /of the MDB (WildFly) or
when I add the connection option /jms.redeliveryPolicy.maximumRedeliveries/
to the broker URI (WebLogic). The messages are redirected to the DLQ after
the first attempt.

In WebLogic I cannot set /maximumRedeliveries/ in the /activation-config/ of
the MDB, because no ActiveMQ resource adapter is envolved. So is there a
way, to specify the redelivery properties at least on a per queue base in
this case? Perhaps with another undocumented JNDI parameter for the
ActiveMQInitialConnectionFactory?

Thanks for hints

Thomas