Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Ananth T. Sarathy" <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/28 03:28:51 UTC

Need to re replicate

One of our datanodes went bye bye. We added a bunch more data nodes, but
when I do a fsck i get a report that a bunch of files are only replicated on
2 server, which makes sense, because we had 3, and lost one. Now that we
have 6 more, is there anything i need to do replicate the those files are
will the cluster fix itself?
Ananth

Re: Need to re replicate

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.
Hey Ananth -

Unfortunately, if your under-replication count isn't actively going down (at least by one per minute; on a large cluster, several hundred per minute), something is wrong.

Brian

Re: Need to re replicate

Posted by "Ananth T. Sarathy" <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Need to re replicate