Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stephen Berard <sr...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/17 16:03:01 UTC

Problems checking out with SVN 1.0.0

I'm having issues where SVN hangs when checking out files.  The project is
rather large, but nothing crazy (~3000 files and 30-40 megs of data).  I get
the following error:

svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/SUM/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svn/SUM/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body:
connection timed out. (http://svnserver)

I can browse the repository via a browser without a problem.  However, my
checkout doesn't work.  In the errror log for Apache I see the following
errors over and over:
[Wed Mar 17 10:51:44 2004] [error] [client w.x.y.z] Provider encountered an
error while streaming a REPORT response.  [500, #0]
[Wed Mar 17 10:51:44 2004] [error] [client w.x.y.z] A failure occurred while
driving the update report editor  [500, #190004]

I'm using SVN 1.0.0 on Windows 2000 Server SP4.  I have Apache 2.0.48
running as a service.  Here's the SVN configuration I'm using for Apache:
<Location /svn>
	DAV svn
	SVNParentPath "C:\SVNROOT"
	SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"

	AuthType SSPI
	AuthName "SubVersion Respositories"
	Require valid-user

	SSPIAuth On
	SSPIAuthoritative On
	SSPIDomain mydomain.comany.com
	SSPIDomain mydomain
	SSPIOfferBasic On
</Location>

Another strange thing is that if I checkout locally (via http) it works.
But if I check out from another machine (Windows XP SP1) it fails with the
timeout error.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Stephen

Re: Problems checking out with SVN 1.0.0

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 10:03, Stephen Berard wrote:

> Another strange thing is that if I checkout locally (via http) it works.
> But if I check out from another machine (Windows XP SP1) it fails with the
> timeout error.

Based on your last sentence above, it sounds like a network
infrastructure problem... like a general latency/timeout problem
between the two computers.  I suspect it has nothing to do with svn or
apache at all.

Re: Problems checking out with SVN 1.0.0

Posted by Martin Tomes <li...@tomes.org>.
Stephen Berard wrote:

> I'm having issues where SVN hangs when checking out files.  The project
> is rather large, but nothing crazy (~3000 files and 30-40 megs of
> data).  I get the following error:

> Another strange thing is that if I checkout locally (via http) it
> works.  But if I check out from another machine (Windows XP SP1) it
> fails with the timeout error.

Is there a web cache in between the XP box and the repository?  I had
these symptoms when working through squid to our repository.  I needed
to set up svn to use a cache to get at subversion.tigris.org, but I set
it for all repositories which was a mistake!

--
Martin Tomes
echo 'Martin x Tomes at controls x eurotherm x co x uk'\