Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Groce <dg...@nksd.wednet.edu> on 2004/07/28 02:05:58 UTC

I figured it out!!!!

Man do I feel dumb.  The day before I decided to tackle the CPAN install of
Spamassassin, I had downloaded a rule from exit0.us  (BodyRules.cf) it was
an odd download since the page that displays it was a PHP page, so I went
through and cleaned out all the extra html, but apparently didn't do a very
good job.  So I added the rules I had been using one by one and running
spamassassin --lint to find out what was breaking it, and sure enough the
error:

> Scalar found where operator expected at (eval 17) line 686, near "} $self"
>         (Missing operator before  $self?)
> Failed to run header SpamAssassin tests, skipping some: syntax error at
> (eval 17) line 686, near "} $self"

was coming from the BodyRules.cf file.

I have also updated my LWP through cpan and I get no errors, so I'm off to
test my maildroprc file to see if I can get this mail server back into
shape.  I appreciate all the help.

David Groce
CCNA
Network Server Analyst/Coordinator