Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Nicholas Hemley <Ni...@lhb.scot.nhs.uk> on 2004/10/12 13:50:38 UTC

Firewall preventing public SVN access

Hello,

I would like to investigate using Lenya along with Kupu for an XML
content management solution but do not have public SVN access since I am
behind a corporate firewall.

Please could someone advise where I can get hold of a more recent 1.2.*
release than is available on the website and also the latest Kupu 1.1
with necessary integration files, that is not via SVN.

Is someone could post a zip on a public HTTP server or mail both zips
to me, I would be very appreciative!

Many thanks.

Cheerio,
Nic

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.

Re: Firewall preventing public SVN access

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

On 12.10.2004 23:01 Uhr, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Nicholas Hemley wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to investigate using Lenya along with Kupu for an XML
>> content management solution but do not have public SVN access since I am
>> behind a corporate firewall.
>

> are you sure? regular (non-committer) access is over http.

yes, it's HTTP, but it uses special HTTP Method (I'm not even sure, if
all methods used by svn are defined by the HTTP specs). Some Proxies do
not allow other methods than the standard ones. It sucks, but I got many
"complaints" about that lately and it usually boiled down to a proxy in
between.

chregu

--
christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71

Re: Firewall preventing public SVN access

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Nicholas Hemley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to investigate using Lenya along with Kupu for an XML
> content management solution but do not have public SVN access since I am
> behind a corporate firewall.

are you sure? regular (non-committer) access is over http.

also, try

http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/#head-1287babab915bddde95ef39b9a81c01338f39ac3

if that still doesnt work for you, let us now

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                          http://lenya.apache.org