Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Todd Markle <to...@catch22.org> on 2002/07/11 21:58:54 UTC

netscape 4x/win95 all's well

Hello--

I had an old machine and noticed that you had a blank spot on the
martix for netscape4.x and win97.  Well, alls I gots is win 95, but here
'tis.

OS: Win95 (4.00.950 B)
Broswer: Netscape 4.06

Javascript/stylesheets off: useable, looks bad
Javasrcipt/stylesheets on: perfect

  ---
Many, many thanks to all for the effort.  I was at the Mason-users meeting
last night, and we were discussing barriers to adoption.  The modperl docs
page came up in discussion, and David Wheeler showed us the new site.  We
all loved it at first sight.

This is going to make modperl much, much more friendly for new users.

 -t

Re: netscape 4x/win95 all's well

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Hi Todd,

Thanks for your comments!

> I had an old machine and noticed that you had a blank spot on the
> martix for netscape4.x and win97.  Well, alls I gots is win 95, but here
> 'tis.
>
> OS: Win95 (4.00.950 B)
> Broswer: Netscape 4.06
>
> Javascript/stylesheets off: useable, looks bad
> Javasrcipt/stylesheets on: perfect

We don't use JS at all (only the jobs page fetch). So it's only the CSS
issue. Yes, the design requires the use of CSS, but we won't be able to
do without it.

We really hope that more and more people will embrace the new cool
browsers (mozilla? :) and eventually this kind of problems will go away.
BTW, the text browsers are perfectly supported.

> Many, many thanks to all for the effort.  I was at the Mason-users meeting
> last night, and we were discussing barriers to adoption.  The modperl docs
> page came up in discussion, and David Wheeler showed us the new site.  We
> all loved it at first sight.

Glad to hear that! If Mason wants to re-use the design and/or the build
framework you are welcome to embrace it. The DocSet framework will be
released on CPAN soon after the new site is released.

> This is going to make modperl much, much more friendly for new users.

that's for sure ;)

Thanks again, Todd!