Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "raulvk.soa" <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/07 16:03:07 UTC

Namespace Disappears in Assign Activity

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing problems with namespaces and assignments. Basically, I
have found that during an assignment (copy from + to), the namespace of
target element gets deleted.

I will illustrate with an example which is a generalisation of my case.

Firstly, I initialise the target variable via the following:

                  <bpws:copy>
                        <bpws:from>
                            <bpws:literal>
                                 <nm:Request
xmlns:nm="http://www.example.org">
                                       <nm:RequestMessage>
                                             <nm:Value />
                                       </nm:RequestMessage>
                                 </nm:Request>
                           </bpws:literal>
                        </bpws:from>
                        <bpws:to part="body"
variable="PersonQuery_Request"/>
                    </bpws:copy>

Secondly, I assign the value of the variable:

                    <bpws:copy>
                        <bpws:from>$PersonID</bpws:from>

<bpws:to>$PersonQuery_Request.body/nm:Request/nm:RequestMessage/nm:Value</bpws:to>
                    </bpws:copy>

The final content of the variable is the following:

                                <nm:Request
xmlns:nm="http://www.example.org">
                                       <nm:RequestMessage>
                                             <Value>XXX</Value>
                                       </nm:RequestMessage>
                                 </nm:Request>

As you can see, the nm: namespace of the Value element has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced the same problem before? Any clues as to where to
look?

Just a few remarks:
   - The <process> element declares xmlns:nm="http://www.example.org".
   - My XML Schema and WSDL files declare elementFormDefault="qualified".

Many thanks!

Re: Namespace Disappears in Assign Activity

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:20 AM, raulvk.soa <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I suppose then that you believe it can be a bug, or does it look like a
> possible misconfiguration?

I'm certainly not excluding the possibility of a bug :)

There are lots of details we need to review in order to qualify this as a
bug or misuse.  Having a reproducible test-case is the best starting point.

alex

Re: Namespace Disappears in Assign Activity

Posted by "raulvk.soa" <ra...@gmail.com>.

Ok, I suppose then that you believe it can be a bug, or does it look like a
possible misconfiguration?

In the meantime, I am using doXslTransform() to overcome this limitation.

I will try my best to build a simple process that illustrates this and
attach it to a JIRA.

Many thanks.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi,