Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2013/02/15 05:34:48 UTC

[JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk #770: POMs out of sync

Build: https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk/770/

No tests ran.

Build Log:
[...truncated 11059 lines...]

Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk #770: POMs out of sync

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I read this email exchange as describing intentionally versioning httpclient separately from httpcore: <http://markmail.org/thread/ippp4gbxwwnt6aws>.
>
> I can see that the previous three releases of httpclient (4.2.2, 4.2.1 and 4.2) depend on the exact same httpcore version, rather than lagging. [1][2][3]
>
> Going back, though, I can see more deviations from version sync: httpclient 4.1.3 depends on httpcore 4.1.4 (!), and httpclient 4.1.1 depends on httpcore 4.1. [4][5]
>
> So, again, I think the Lucene/Solr Ant build needs to change here to mirror the httpcomponents project's separate httpclient and httpcore versioning.

+1: whatever is their "release", we should match it (and not use a frankenstein)

Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk #770: POMs out of sync

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steve!

I am happy to see the checker working

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.