Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Alex Melnik <am...@bgeltd.com> on 2008/07/24 19:43:52 UTC

Load Balancing Documentation

Hi,

We are trying to load balance ofbiz running on 2 servers.  The "keep alive" test is done by pinging a "status.html" file from content switch.  But it seems that ofbiz filters anything and everything not defined by the controllers into the home page.  I can't seem to find info on how to set up load balancing for ofbiz.

Please help

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Load Balancing Documentation

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I'm not an expert on load balancing, but it seems to me if the load
balancer can't get a reply from the server, then it should stop using it
until it does.

-Adrian

Posted by Alex Melnik <am...@bgeltd.com>.
True.  thanks for the input

>>> BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> 7/24/2008 2:24:24 PM >>>

if you do a google search on
tomcat load balancing
you will get a lot of info to consider.
this is not a simple operation and has a lot todo with your architecture
for clustering.
So this is not a ofbiz specific operation but a tom cat operation.

Alex Melnik sent the following on 7/24/2008 11:35 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if you do a google search on

Posted by Alex Melnik <am...@bgeltd.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.