Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by partizan <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/24 19:13:37 UTC

How to Apache Velocity locale dynamically within Spring Framework?

I'm using VelocityTools to implement localization of the Velocity templates
within Spring. However I don't seem to understand how to change the default
Velocity locale set in the toolbox.xml i.e. <parameter name="locale"
value="en_US"/> to be another locale i.e. German. I reviewed the
http://velocity.apache.org/tools/releases/1.4/javadoc/org/apache/velocity/tools/generic/ResourceTool.html
javadoc  but that doesn't give me much info on how to do that.

I tried using org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.LocaleChangeInterceptor
as a bean, but no luck.

How can I change the locale parameter above so that users can view the same
page in different language by simply clicking on a link for English and for
German?

Thanks,
SS