Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Karel Tejnora <ka...@tejnora.cz> on 2005/08/08 19:54:41 UTC

Commons NET, FTPClient

Hi,
    I would like to extend FTPClient from Commons/Net to support java.nio.*
First step I did is to implement custom SocketFactory. There are not any
problems.
Every method returns java.net.Socket or java.net.ServerSocket as
SocketChannel.socket()
and ServerSocketChannel.socket().
But problems came in FTPClient class, where I needed refactorize
_openDataConnection_().
The __dataTimeout has only setter not getter.
_openDataConnection_ uses private __pasiveHost, __pasivePort through
private __parsePassiveModeReply()
_relyLines aren't visible to.
So I added public int getDataTimeOut(), public  String getPassiveHost(),
public int getPassiveHost(), protected _popReplyLines() and changed
private __parsePassiveModeReply() to protected _parsePassiveReply().
I don't contribute patch yet, because I have few questions.
do you like it to change this things?
And Im new to svn
I took these steps
svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/net/trunk/
but the build generates  commons-net-1.3.0-dev.jar
Whis url should I take to generate proper diff?

Thx.