Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2005/06/23 21:21:30 UTC

rather hard question regarding the data scroller/component tree building

Well, I am currently trying to add some kind of savestate functionality
to the data scroller.
I have now following problem, which I cannot totally figure out.
If I trigger the scroller via its links.
I get following program flow:
decode with a component #1 being a HtmlDataScroller
encode children with component #1
encode end with component #1

However if I just trigger a normal form submit without any
scroller related data I get following program flow
decode with a component #1 being a HtmlDataScroller
encode children with component #2 also being a data scroller
encode end with component #2

somewhere along decode and encode children the component
must be have gotten lost (deep within myfaces) and
is regenerated and also references different data scrollers.
And that is also basically one of the reasons why the scroller
resets back to the defaults.

I tried to move the component over with a session var, but that
broke things totally.
I now have the problem, that I dont have the slightest clue why
the scroller component gets lost and why that happens, during those
two phases.

I am pretty sure, nobody really can answer, this but a hint towards
a possible solution also would be great.

Werner