Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tejas Gadaria <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/12 05:21:40 UTC

Fwd: Cloud Stack dhcp issue

Hi all,

I have cloud stack configured and working fine with default virtual router.

In my case i have a VLAN where physical DHCP and DNS server are running.
 If i will create virtual router with dhcp ans dns service enabled dhcp may
conflict, So I have created NETWORK OFFERING with only connectivity and a
guest network with some specified ip range, so it won't create virtual
router and guest VM will be assigned IP from physical DHCP server. but what
I observed is guest VM has received one IP which is not the same IP which
is shown in INSTANCE DETAIL.
Even I confirm in mysql database in "nics" table, guest VM ip which
assigned from physical DHCP server is not updated.

Please guide me what I am missing here.

Thanks.
Tejas

Re: Cloud Stack dhcp issue

Posted by Amar Krishna <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi tejas follow following steps
1.Create a network offering without any service ,just select connectivity.
2.Enable that service offering.
3.Create a guest network in which already a dhcp server is running with
above network offering.
4.Created an instance with above guest network.
5.The Cloudstack assigned ip from given pool to guest network.
6.But the instance will get  different ip from dhcp
7.Change the database entry for newly created instance in vm_instance table
,change the private_ip_address entry to new ip.
8.Find the mac of newly created vm .
9.In database go to nics table and change the ip4_address for the mac of
the instance.
10.Finally the change will reflected in cloudstack.

Try to automate the above task.

Thanks
Amar krishna

--