Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ketan Thanki <kt...@asite.com> on 2017/04/04 06:13:49 UTC

How to Insert and retrieve data from specific shard in Solr 6.1.0

Hi,

Please help for the below mention query.

I need to insert/update data to specific shard and also retrieve the data from specific shard in solr 6.1.0.
Pease let me for the configuration/code changes required for the existing solr collections.

Regards,

[CC Award Winners!]

Re: How to Insert and retrieve data from specific shard in Solr 6.1.0

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Why? By it's nature, SolrCloud usually doesn't care about what shard a
document came from. Unless you use "implicit" routing, even _you_
don't know what shard the doc landed on.

But if you insist, address the request to a particular _replica_ that
happens to belong to the shard and add &distrib=false to the request.

Your request looks like
http://server:port/solr/collection/collection1_shard1_replica1?q=whatever&distrib=false.

Best,
Erick