Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk> on 2014/10/27 15:25:12 UTC

New Meetup in London - Lucene/Solr User Group

Hi all,

We noticed that there isn't a Lucene/Solr user group in London (although
there is an Elasticsearch user group) - so we decided to start one!
http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Lucene-Solr-London-User-Group

Please join if you're interested and do pass the word. Our first meeting
will be November 28th 2014 at Bloomberg's European HQ on Finsbury
Square. Committer Shalin Mangar will be speaking, we'll have a Q&A with
committers and more. We're very interested in any input you have in
terms of what you'd like to hear talks about (or even better if you can
give one), so let me know.

Cheers

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull
Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: New Meetup in London - Lucene/Solr User Group

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Would LOVE to see the results (assuming you can ensure the same fruit(s?)
are being compared)

Otis

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.
On 27/10/2014 14:25, Charlie Hull wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We noticed that there isn't a Lucene/Solr user group in London (although
> there is an Elasticsearch user group) - so we decided to start one!
> http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Lucene-Solr-London-User-Group
>
> Please join if you're interested and do pass the word. Our first meeting
> will be November 28th 2014 at Bloomberg's European HQ on Finsbury
> Square. Committer Shalin Mangar will be speaking, we'll have a Q&A with
> committers and more. We're very interested in any input you have in
> terms of what you'd like to hear talks about (or even better if you can
> give one), so let me know.

Hi all,

Just a final mention for this event next week in London, and to add that
we'll also be talking on Search Turned Upside Down (inverted search at
scale for media monitoring) and presenting some results of a

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Awesome.

And whatever lessons you learn, please share them on the popularizers
LinkedIn group. That's what it's there for. Also, feel free to
announce it there and ask for feedback.