Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net> on 2002/07/14 15:45:42 UTC

Refresh Problem with included XSLs

I use the include XSL mechanism heavily as it allows a kind of
"component based" publishing putting together xsls from different pieces.

so it happens, that multiple XSL stylesheet include one or multiple
other XSLs, lets say like this:

a <--includes-- x
b <--includes-- x
c <--includes-- x

if I modify x: a, b and x are NOT reloaded, as Cocoon 2 does not detect
that this is necessary. Now I would have to modify a, b and c or restart
the Cocoon server and delete the tomcat work directory. this is the only
safe way to perform the refresh.

is there another option?

so btw: It would be extremely valuable to hava a cocoon command (e.g.
via network), that forces cocoon to flush the complete cache and refresh
all documents?!

thank you

Alex

RE: Refresh Problem with included XSLs

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Alexander Schatten [mailto:alasan@gmx.net]
>
> I use the include XSL mechanism heavily as it allows a kind of
> "component based" publishing putting together xsls from different
pieces.

> so it happens, that multiple XSL stylesheet include one or multiple
> other XSLs, lets say like this:
>
> a <--includes-- x
> b <--includes-- x
> c <--includes-- x
>
> if I modify x: a, b and x are NOT reloaded, as Cocoon 2 does not
detect
> that this is necessary. Now I would have to modify a, b and c or
restart
> the Cocoon server and delete the tomcat work directory. this is the
only
> safe way to perform the refresh.
>
> is there another option?

Upgrade to 2.0.3.

Also, you could search for particular problem in BugZilla and see when
it was resolved (if resolved). Log of Changes also useful resource.

Vadim

Posted by Koen Pellegrims <ko...@pandora.be>.
During development, I usually use:

find stylesheets/ -name *.xsl -exec touch \{\} \;

... that helps ;)

K.