Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Waruna Ranasinghe <wa...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/13 08:51:56 UTC

Problem with database connections within an Extension activity

Hi devs,

I have been writing a bpel extension activity which does an external service
call and waits for the response.
The activity itself is a blocking activity. It may have to wait for hours to
get the response, so that it may take hours to complete the activity.

Problem is, If I create few instances from this process, after sometime it
will complain about getting database connections saying that "No
ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( 30000 [ms]
) for pool
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor"

I think this happens due to the Extension activity which takes hours to get
completed, so that the db connection also holds on to it until the activity
get completed

Therefore, If we can close the connection after external service call, I
think we can fix this issue.

Any body aware of how to close the db connection within an extension
activity or any other work around??

Thanks,
Waruna

Waruna Ranasinghe