Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sethi, Mandeep" <ma...@pearson.com> on 2003/09/19 17:56:26 UTC

NewBie

Hi Fundu People

I'm a newbie in this and hence please bear with my FADQ(D==Dumb)(I'm for
some reasons not able to download the lucene-user Digest till now) The demo
I tried from apache performs the search from command line well however it
gives a list of null results when we try to load it from war file ,we are
using weblogic8.1 ,any clues?.

Secondly we want to display some description relevant to searched pages ,one
solution we have thought is of creating a cache(HashMap) ,with the absolute
URL of pages as key and description(parsed by using some parser to parse
HTML pages using <description tag>) Could someone suggest a better
solution(this one doesn't seems right) or point myself to some already
implemented solutions

Thanks