Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by S_A <sh...@ge.com> on 2018/10/05 15:41:57 UTC

Issue in ligature implementation for Hindi(Indian language)

I am working on rendering hindi( Indian Language) in my PDF using Apache FOP.
Some of the hindi letters are nor rendered correctly mainly the ligature
implementation is not happening.
I have followed steps mentioned in the FOP site and have used compatible
Devanagari format : Mangal version 5.9  which is recommended on your
website.
On website it is also mentioned that

Support for Devanagari is partial and join controls (ZWJ, ZWNJ) not yet
supported. Does that mean current 2.3 version of  fop does not supports
Devanagari fully ?

Attaching screenshot of content rendered in PDF I generated using Mangal
ttf.

<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/t2967/Hindi_wrong.png>

 and also how it should like like

<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/t2967/Hindi_correct.png>

I tried using the jar provided on the link below but is not working so I am
using fop-2.3 version.
http://people.apache.org/~spepping/

Have also added below lines to fop.conf file and have tried disabling
complex scripts too.

Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong or how can this issue be
resolved.

--
Sent from: http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/FOP-Users-f3.html