Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Brent Clark <bc...@tendrilinc.com> on 2014/03/04 17:33:25 UTC

Local Storage

Again, many thanks for all the help this community/list has provided.

Question about local storage. We want to use it. I turned it on in the
Global Settings and restarted. What path is used to store the vms on the
host? My thinking is I need to create a FS to store the vms, bu t dont know
where cloudstack will put them.

--
Brent S. Clark
NOC Engineer

2580 55th St.  |  Boulder, Colorado 80301
www.tendrilinc.com  |  blog <http://www.tendrilinc.com/news-room/blog/>
<http://www.tendrilinc.com/>

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: Local Storage

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 04.03.2014 16:33, Brent Clark wrote:
> Again, many thanks for all the help this community/list has provided.
>
> Question about local storage. We want to use it. I turned it on in the
> Global Settings and restarted. What path is used to store the vms on
> the
> host? My thinking is I need to create a FS to store the vms, bu t dont
> know
> where cloudstack will put them.

If it's KVM/libvirt, the path is /var/lib/libvirt/images.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Local Storage

Posted by Michael Little <ml...@redapt.com>.
Which hypervisor are you using? I don't know the default for KVM, but am
pretty sure XenServer will use any LVM SRs that are preset. VMware will
likely use any existing local storage.

--Mike

--
*Mike Little *| Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer

*Redapt, Inc.*

T. 425 605 7135

E. mlittle@redapt.com

Blog <http://www.redapt.com/about/resources/blog/> *