Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Vishal Shah <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/13 17:59:15 UTC

No deserializer found message when trying to access service from VB 6.0 client

Hi,

I'm  trying to access the service running on WAS 403 from a VB 6 client and getting this "No deserializer found" message.

Has anyone experienced the similar problem ? Pl advise...

SoapMapper Error

Posted by Vishal Shah <sh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

 I've a service deployed in WAS 403 . The service method returns a DOM element and works fine when a Java client invokes it. However, I get following fault generated when trying to access it from a VB6 client.

"SoapMapper:The schema definition for SoapMapper anyElement could not be understood.

Has anyone experienced the similar problem ? Pl advise...

Re: No deserializer found message when trying to access service from VB 6.0 client

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Are you using the Microsoft interop workarounds?  If you use the low-
level API from VB, you should specify xsi:type attributes for each
element that is a parameter to the SOAP method.  If you have created
WSDL for your service and use the high-level API, you must create
additional type mappings in the deployment descriptor for your
service, which will map the element names to Java types, since the VB
client will not transmit xsi:type attributes.

I have a couple of pages with some additional information.

http://www.scottnichol.com/vbclienthiapachesoap.htm
http://www.scottnichol.com/vbclientapachesoap.htm

On 13 May 2003 at 8:59, Vishal Shah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm  trying to access the service running on WAS 403 from a VB 6 client and getting this "No deserializer found" message.
>
> Has anyone experienced the similar problem ? Pl advise...

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.