Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by fat suze <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/31 21:25:19 UTC

How can I (re-)process emails that are in the error processor?

I have read the "How can I (re-)process emails that are in the error
processor?" section on
http://wiki.apache.org/james/JamesDocumentationNotes which states:

-----
If you are using a file store, you can simply move the file-pairs from
one directory to the other, e.g., move them from the errors directory
to the spool directory, and restart James. If this was a DB, you could
just do an update statement on the repository_name.

Note: make sure you get both files at once, otherwise you risk losing
them as James will delete an orphaned file if it comes across one.
(you could copy and then delete to be safe).
-----

Can someone confirm that what it says about the file store is in fact
still correct?

I have a bunch of messages caught in /var/mail/error (caused by an
uncaught exception in a mailet) which I can't seem to reprocess.
Moving them back into the /var/mail/spool and restarting James just
causes them to go immediately back into /var/mail/error - without
being processed by my mailet again.  I am definitely moving both files
as it says in the instructions.

(I'm using James v2.3.1 - if you need any other info about my setup to
answer this please ask)

Re: How can I (re-)process emails that are in the error processor?

Posted by Martijn Brinkers <ma...@gmail.com>.
See http://james.markmail.org/message/tjlfzakyar3t4kah?q=respool+error

Martijn Brinkers