Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 01:55:42 UTC

Error trying to add a JIRA contributor

Ashutosh, are you still able to add JIRA contributors?  Both Sushanth and I
got this error repeatedly when we tried to add Shannon Ladymon to the list:

"The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or
the server may be down."

And yet I am able to add her to the committer or administrator list
(discovered by accident), so the JIRA server is not down.  Is this due to a
limit on the number of contributors?

-- Lefty

Re: Error trying to add a JIRA contributor

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Lars.  That worked.

Excerpt from the HBase list (Sean Busbey-2):

If you paste in the full JIRA username  you'll get the "can't contact
server" message, but it will just be from the autocomplete. If you close it
and submit anyways, the user will be added.

-- Lefty

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.