Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/12/16 19:39:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.7.1, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version
1.7.1, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to
be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 11D464BA [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.7.1-rc2" [5].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Chesnay

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12344412
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.7.1-rc2/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1198
[5]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.1-rc2

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.7.1, release candidate #2

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay,

+1(non-binding)

- run `mvn clean install` locally with success
- run all TestCases(both java and scala), except NettyEpollITCase in the
flink-test module in IDEA locally with success (errors has checked in
FLINK-11178)
    hequn Chen, tison and myself had check the test case error in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-11178.  All of them are not the
blocker for release-1.7.1.
- Remove the FLINK-10543 from the Improvement list of release-note,due to
the problem of compatibility.
- sh bin/start-cluster.sh and submit both stream and batch word-count
example with 1 parallelism. [success]

Cheers,
Jincheng

Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> 于2018年12月17日周一 上午3:39写道:

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay,

Thanks for bring up the 1.7.1-rc2 release vote!

I had do some test check as follows:

1. Local source code compilation [mvn clean install] [success]
2. Run all TestCases(both java and scala),except NettyEpollITCase in the
flink-test module in IDEA [find some errors]
3. Remove the FLINK-10543 from the Improvement list of release-note,due to
the problem of compatibility.
4. sh bin/start-cluster.sh and submit both stream and batch word-count
example with 1 parallelism. [success]

About 4 test error are find when run all the flink-test. I have had created
the JIRAs an will check them one by one, Of course, anyone is welcome to
help check. The detail please see :

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
+1

- checked signatures and checksum
- checked that no dependencies have changed between 1.7.0 and 1.7.1
- built Flink from source release with Hadoop 2.8.5 and Scala 2.12
- started standalone cluster with multiple TMs and executed streaming and
batch workloads on it
- checked that the web UI is working

Cheers,
Till