Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 17:18:00 UTC

TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Wondering if we can get a complete list of issues holding up 1.7 on a single thread.

On the legal side, we still need:

 - Library diff
 - Review/adjust LICENSE and NOTICE files

The last one on the list frequently tanks releases.  Doesn't affect security releases, but with larger versions is just a bear.  Let's make sure we do that one before we put up another vote as voting drastically decreases each time we reroll.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 17, 2014, at 8:18 AM, David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the legal side, we still need:
>
> - Library diff
> - Review/adjust LICENSE and NOTICE files

We still need a report of the changed libraries from this release to the previous.  I guarantee there will be adjustments that will need to be made to all our LICENSE/NOTICE files.

Run this:

 - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/sandbox/release-tools/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/tools/release/cmd/CompareLibraries.java

Then we need to edit every single NOTICE file to:
 - remove mention of jars we no longer ship
 - add mention of new jars we are including
 - ensure the LICENSE file contains the license of said new jars

I suspect the plume distro doesn't yet mention Mojarra or EclipseLink.

The 1.0, 1.5 and 1.6 releases were all super big pains in the butt on this task specifically.  Between the three we probably had a least dozen sets of binaries fail out of the voting process just due to legal files.

-David

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
Hi,

Not seeing this on the Buildbot or local - I'll try and replicate, but
if you're in a position to debug and maybe shed some light on it that
would be cool.
If you need help debugging maven surefire let me know - There is some
info here:
http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/debugging.html

Andy.

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
Sure,

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Cool thx Mark

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by "hanasaki@gmail.com" <ha...@gmail.com>.
[INFO] OpenEJB :: Examples :: JSF2/CDI/BV/JPA/DeltaSpike .. FAILURE [
20.204 s]

SEVERE - ==> a bad OS was mentionned

  T E S T S
Running org.superbiz.deltaspike.exceptionhandling.ExceptionHandlingDemoTest
INFO -
INFO - OpenEJB http://openejb.apache.org/
INFO - Startup: Sun Jul 20 13:08:01 CDT 2014
INFO - Copyright 1999-2013 (C) Apache OpenEJB Project, All Rights Reserved.
INFO - Version: 5.0.0-SNAPSHOT
INFO - Build date: 20140720
INFO - Build time: 12:42
INFO -
INFO - openejb.home =
/home/export/hanasaki/NetBeansProjects/tomee/trunk/examples/deltaspike-exception-handling
INFO - openejb.base =
/home/export/hanasaki/NetBeansProjects/tomee/trunk/examples/deltaspike-exception-handling
INFO - Created new singletonService
org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl@473b46c3
INFO - Succeeded in installing singleton service
INFO - Cannot find the configuration file [conf/openejb.xml].  Will
attempt to create one for the beans deployed.
INFO - Configuring Service(id=Default Security Service,
type=SecurityService, provider-id=Default Security Service)
INFO - Configuring Service(id=Default Transaction Manager,
type=TransactionManager, provider-id=Default Transaction Manager)
INFO - Using 'openejb.deployments.classpath=false'
INFO - Creating TransactionManager(id=Default Transaction Manager)
INFO - Creating SecurityService(id=Default Security Service)
INFO - Configuring enterprise application:
/home/export/hanasaki/NetBeansProjects/tomee/trunk/examples/deltaspike-exception-handling/d0388df5-4c7a-4d1d-9579-2b7516069f81.war
INFO - Configuring Service(id=Default Managed Container, type=Container,
provider-id=Default Managed Container)
INFO - Auto-creating a container for bean
d0388df5-4c7a-4d1d-9579-2b7516069f81_org.superbiz.deltaspike.exceptionhandling.ExceptionHandlingDemoTest:
Container(type=MANAGED, id=Default Managed Container)
INFO - Creating Container(id=Default Managed Container)
INFO - Using directory /tmp for stateful session passivation
INFO - Enterprise application
"/home/export/hanasaki/NetBeansProjects/tomee/trunk/examples/deltaspike-exception-handling/d0388df5-4c7a-4d1d-9579-2b7516069f81.war"
loaded.
INFO - Assembling app:
/home/export/hanasaki/NetBeansProjects/tomee/trunk/examples/deltaspike-exception-handling/d0388df5-4c7a-4d1d-9579-2b7516069f81.war
INFO - Existing thread singleton service in SystemInstance():
org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl@473b46c3
INFO - OpenWebBeans Container is starting...
INFO - Adding OpenWebBeansPlugin : [CdiPlugin]
INFO - class:
org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.config.ConfigurationExtension activated=true
INFO - class:
org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.scope.DeltaSpikeContextExtension
activated=true
INFO - class: org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.jmx.MBeanExtension
activated=true
INFO - class:
org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.message.MessageBundleExtension
activated=true
INFO - class:
org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.message.NamedMessageBundleInvocationHandler
activated=true
INFO - class:
org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.exclude.extension.ExcludeExtension
activated=true
INFO - class:
org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.exclude.CustomProjectStageBeanFilter
activated=true
INFO - class: org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.exclude.GlobalAlternative
activated=true
INFO - class:
org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.exception.control.extension.ExceptionControlExtension
activated=true
INFO - Computed the following DeltaSpike ProjectStage: Production
INFO - All injection points were validated successfully.
INFO - OpenWebBeans Container has started, it took 274 ms.
INFO - Deployed
Application(path=...../tomee/trunk/examples/deltaspike-exception-handling/d0388df5-4c7a-4d1d-9579-2b7516069f81.war)

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, a lot of work done!

Re: TomEE 1.7.0 blockers