Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2008/05/30 21:33:14 UTC

Sun classes imported by Derby code

As an experiment, I built Derby using the Apache Harmony jars instead of
the jdk14 libraries. When I did this, I discovered Derby references to
classes in packages under com.sun.tools. Those reference appear in our
javadoc Taglet classes under java/build/org/apache/derbyBuild/javadoc.
This seems unclean to me. I would welcome advice about how to handle this.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: Sun classes imported by Derby code

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks, Knut. This is very helpful. I think you're right that it ought
to be ok to compile the taglets against the current environment since

1) that's the environment which will be used to generate the javadoc
2) the base taglet classes had better be present in that environment or
javadoc-generation will fall over

Thanks,
-Rick

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.