Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by VenuReddy <k....@gmail.com> on 2020/07/20 14:11:21 UTC

Re: [Discussion] Implement delete and update feature in carbondata SDK.

+1

Have a small query regaridng this update API -
public CarbonSDKUID update(String path, String column, String value, String
updColumn,
String updValue);
I believe column argument is column to be matched for the given value
argument. so it is matchColumn & matchValue. Upon match we update updColumn
with the given updValue argument. Question is why not we have map of
updateColumnToValue ? I mean, like the one similar to another update
API(public void update(String path, Expression expression, Map<String,
String> columnToValue);) that you have added in it ?

Thanks,
Venu

Re: [Discussion] Implement delete and update feature in carbondata SDK.

Posted by Karan-c980 <ka...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Venu,

In public CarbonSDKUID update(String path, String column, String value,
String updColumn, String updValue); Api. We will preapre filterExpression
from arguments column and value and updateColumnToValue mapping from
arguments updColumn and updValue. After preparing this information we will
call this API (public void update(String path, Expression expression,
Map<String,
String> columnToValue)) internally. User can directly call this API (public
void update(String path, Expression expression, Map<String, String>
columnToValue)) by providing filterExpression and UpdateMapping or he can
just pass the column name and value and we will prepare this information
internally.

Thanks,
Karan