Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Oxley <da...@staffplanner.co.uk> on 2000/11/20 15:13:48 UTC

Servlet context

We have written a servlet that is being used in a virtual host setup. I need
to retrieve the virtual host that the servlet has been setup up to work
against. I can retrieve the server name but not the virtual host name. Also
I would like to retrieve the context.
We are using Apache 1.3.14 mod_jk'ed with Tomcat 3.2b7 using ajp13.

Dave
Dave@Staffplanner.co.uk

Re: Servlet context

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
David Oxley wrote:

> We have written a servlet that is being used in a virtual host setup. I need
> to retrieve the virtual host that the servlet has been setup up to work
> against. I can retrieve the server name but not the virtual host name. Also
> I would like to retrieve the context.
> We are using Apache 1.3.14 mod_jk'ed with Tomcat 3.2b7 using ajp13.

I recently committed a fix for this -- request.getServerName() will return the
virtual host name, as of 3.2b8 (to be created tonight, if all goes well).

> Dave
> Dave@Staffplanner.co.uk

Craig McClanahan