Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/07 19:15:12 UTC

Flink streaming benchmark and comparison numbers?

Hi Guys (especially Marton and Gyola ^_^),

Is there any benchmark or sample tests numbers to compare Flink
Streaming compare to other streaming frameworks like Storm or Spark
streaming?

Thanks,

- Henry

Re: Flink streaming benchmark and comparison numbers?

Posted by Kostas Tzoumas <kt...@apache.org>.
I think this is the one Marton meant:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjgbrrnen2mvi0f/streaming-throughput.pdf?dl=0

He can tell more about the setup.

Kostas

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hey Henry,

Actually quite recently we had a presentation at Ericsson Hungary where
I've had the slides attached. We only have formal comparison with Storm in
there as I couldn't really get Spark Streaming performing in a cluster
environment - but maybe it is just me. I'm also attaching the performance
graph separately.

As with Storm depending on the size of the tuples our throughput is 2-4
time higher then Storm's. This is the benchmark that Spark Streaming
promises by the way, I just could not get it out of it, so I decided to not
include it.

Cheers,

Marton