Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au> on 2002/12/02 07:48:34 UTC

Replcaing the default_top with vm and jsp

Hi,
I have been looking to change the default_top and default bottom of the
JetSpeed default page.
I have been following the tutorial for the Beta 2 version(I have been told
in this list that the tutorial can work with Beta 1 version too) I have
tried to use
topnav.vm = top_default.jsp property in JetSpeedREsources.properties file
but to no avail. I have tried top.vm also but the error on the top of the
page which shows up with other things is

Error processing navigation template:/html/top.vm using module:
VelocityNavigation

The Template Locator related parameters in JR.p are :
services.TemplateLocator.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.template.JetspeedTemplateLocatorService
services.TemplateLocator.templateRoot=/WEB-INF/templates
services.TemplateService.default.extension=vm

And also the topnav.enable = true.

the values in TurbineResource.properties for Velocity Service
services.VelocityService.file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates/vm

and for JSP Service is
services.JspService.templates =/WEB-INF/templates/jsp
services.JspService.buffer.size = 8192

Any help will be valuable.

Thanks
Javed

RE: Replcaing the default_top with vm and jsp

Posted by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au>.
Thanks Mark,
You are right that I m trying to use JSP as default teplate.
I was not sure about the fact that only one (either JSP or Velocity) can
be used as template at a time.
Second I have tried both velocity and JSP both without changing the
property u have mentioned here. So in theory the vm file should have
worked, but it didn't.

Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers!
Javed

> If what you're trying to do is to use JSP as the default template
> engine, then here's the entry in jr.props:
>
> services.TemplateService.default.extension=jsp
>
> If not, then please clarify your intentions.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
> Jakarta Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

*---------------------------------------*
|Research Assistant                     |
|Building 10                            |
|Room 4405                              |
|Faculty of Information Technology      |
|Department of Computer Systems         |
|University of Technology Sydney        |
|Phone: 9514 4513                       |
|Mobile : 0413 607172                   |

RE: Replcaing the default_top with vm and jsp

Posted by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au>.
Hi Mark,
Apparently there was a bad entry in the JetSpeed Resources Properties
which was creating problem. I removed it and every thing was fine. And Yes
Either JSP or Velocity can be used for the templates as one of thenm can
be default template.

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.