Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by St...@bentley.com on 2014/10/02 16:33:49 UTC

Cordova Android < 3.5.1 XAS Security Vulnerability -- possibility of releasing a 2.7-based patched version

We have released applications in the Google Play store based on Cordova 2.7.0 and have received notification from Google that these apps are vulnerable to an Android Cordova security issue (http://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2014/08/04/android-351.html).

Upgrading to Cordova 3.5.1 would require significant work on our part. Is there any possibility that you can release a patched Cordova Android version based on 2.7 that would fix this security vulnerability?

Please let me know whether you think this would be possible on your part. Thank you!

Thanks,
Steve Wilson

Re: Cordova Android < 3.5.1 XAS Security Vulnerability -- possibility of releasing a 2.7-based patched version

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Steve, it is not feasible for us to patch 2.x (sorry), as the number of
vulnerabilities there is larger than just this issue.  It really is in your
best interests to migrate (and to continue to keep up with changes going
forward).  However, we can see what we can do about helping to guide you
forward here.

Ian got this email yesterday as well for an app he published a while ago.
Perhaps we should put up instructions for the potential flood of devs
asking "How do I upgrade"?  Even if it is just organizing and pointing at
our old 2.x -> 3.0 guides.

-Michal

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
I'm updating the app right now.

I'm using plugman and it's working fine, the only problem I've found is, as
the app is old and I don't want to change the code, I tried to install the
file plugin from an older release (older than 1.0.0 release as it brought a
lot of changes) and got an error, but I'm not even sure if plugman supports
installing plugins from older releases.

I ended downloading the older release and instaled it from the folder, this
is working fine.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.