Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de> on 2003/01/29 09:59:52 UTC

C/C++ Security implementation

Hi Berin,

what's the status of the C/C++ code? As I understood, you're signed the
contributor agreement with the ASF. What happens with the code now? Does it
go into the incubator or into xml-security or what are the next steps?

If it goes into xml-security, I have to nominate you as committer asap.

Kind regards,
Christian

Re: Vote-o-mania for xml-security

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.

--On Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2003 21:08 +1100 Berin Lautenbach
<be...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>> As long as it is seperated enough from the Java distribution:
>> vdkoogh +1
> Which raises a really good point.
>
> My initial thinking was to create a "c" subdirectory from the main CVS
> for _anything_ related to the C++ version.  Fits in with the convention
> already used for Xalan.  Anything not in "c" relates to the Java project.
> That way there is a clear separation between the two code-bases.
> Distributions would be done separately as well.
>
> OK?

This means that we do not touch the current directory structure but only
add a c/ directory? Sounds good and easy.

Another way (a little bit more work) would be something like

./docs/
./c/
./java/
./README.txt
./index.html

> Second question - the Apache license header used in the Java version
> includes some riders around original contributions from the WebSig
> project.  Strictly speaking that's not relevant to the C++ version, but I
> think it better to keep a single license header accross all the source.
> (Also I have every intention of every now and then taking pieces from the
> Java version where appropriate :> - I haven't up until now but....).
>
> Sound OK?

No problem.

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
Erwin van der Koogh wrote:

>>from the incubator process <http://incubator.apache.org/process.html>, the
>>C/C++ impl. does not necessarily have to be moved to the incubator, I guess
>>the same applies to the encryption code from Axl.
>>
>>(1) I hereby vote to include the C/C++ code into the Apache XML-Security
>>project.
>>
>>geuerp: +1
>>

>As long as it is seperated enough from the Java distribution:
>vdkoogh +1

Which raises a really good point.

My initial thinking was to create a "c" subdirectory from the main CVS
for _anything_ related to the C++ version.  Fits in with the convention
already used for Xalan.  Anything not in "c" relates to the Java
project.  That way there is a clear separation between the two
code-bases.  Distributions would be done separately as well.

OK?

Second question - the Apache license header used in the Java version
includes some riders around original contributions from the WebSig
project.  Strictly speaking that's not relevant to the C++ version, but
I think it better to keep a single license header accross all the
source.  (Also I have every intention of every now and then taking
pieces from the Java version where appropriate :> - I haven't up until
now but....).

Sound OK?

Cheers,
    Berin

Re: Vote-o-mania for xml-security

Posted by Erwin van der Koogh <vd...@apache.org>.
> from the incubator process <http://incubator.apache.org/process.html>, the
> C/C++ impl. does not necessarily have to be moved to the incubator, I guess
> the same applies to the encryption code from Axl.
>
> (1) I hereby vote to include the C/C++ code into the Apache XML-Security
> project.
>
> geuerp: +1
As long as it is seperated enough from the Java distribution:
vdkoogh +1

> (2) I hereby nominate Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au> as committer
> #4 to the XML-Security project to be responsible to the C/C++ code he has
> written.
>
> geuerp: +1
vdkoogh +1

> (3) I hereby vote to include the Encryption code into the Apache
> XML-Security project.

> geuerp: +1
vdkoogh: +1

Erwin

Vote-o-mania for xml-security

#4 to the XML-Security project to be responsible to the C/C++ code he has
written.

geuerp: +1

(3) I hereby vote to include the Encryption code into the Apache
XML-Security project.

geuerp: +1

Kind regards,
Christian

--On Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2003 09:59 +0100 Christian Geuer-Pollmann