Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/22 17:15:30 UTC

[CM] - "Test Query" Button?

Hi,

In the Cayenne Modeler, it would be very helpful to have a
"Test Query" or "Preview Query Results" button for all the 3 query types.

This would greatly increase the efficiency of creating named queries and
also would reduce the chance to make errors.
Writing queries is pretty error prone since there's no "IDE" help for such things,
so one can see if a query is bad only at runtime.
IMHO such a small functionality would greatly reduce the development cycle with Cayenne,
as it would require just a click on that button, and not starting the entire application
to see if the query is OK.

Are there any plans to add such functionality to CM or is such a thing out of the
scope of CM?

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed.

Re: [CM] - "Test Query" Button?

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
It sounds like a good idea to me.  I'd open up a JIRA request.

--
Kevin