Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com> on 2009/07/02 02:06:30 UTC

[geronimo-blueprint/karaf] ERROR CommandLineExecutionFailed: org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ComponentDefinitionException: Cound not create component instance for X

I've been bitten by this error:

ERROR CommandLineExecutionFailed:
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ComponentDefinitionException: Cound not
create component instance for X

a few times.

Although it's usually my fault, doing "log/display" do not show any error.

After doing "log/set DEBUG", the error and exception trace shows. My current
log output was INFO. I think the error log should have at least WARN or even
ERROR level so there's no need for user to set the log output to DEBUG in
order to view the error log/exception (a lot DEBUG messages aren't
interesting, however this error clearly is interesting for me).

07:02:34,155 | DEBUG | localShell       | BlueprintContainerImpl           |
container.BlueprintContainerImpl  571 | Instantiating component gshell-286
07:02:34,156 | DEBUG | localShell       | JLineConsole                     |
.geronimo.gshell.console.Console  132 | Work failed:
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.commandline.CommandLineExecutionFailed:
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ComponentDefinitionException: Cound not
create component instance for gshell-286
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.commandline.CommandLineExecutionFailed:
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ComponentDefinitionException: Cound not
create component instance for gshell-286
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.visitor.ExecutingVisitor.executePiped(ExecutingVisitor.java:246)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.visitor.ExecutingVisitor.visit(ExecutingVisitor.java:107)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.ASTExpression.jjtAccept(ASTExpression.java:17)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.SimpleNode.childrenAccept(SimpleNode.java:61)

Best regards,
Hendy Irawan
+62 81-2210-66622 :: +62 22-91853265
http://www.hendyirawan.com/ :: hendy@soluvas.com