Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Peter Qi <Pe...@hummingbird.com> on 2001/03/21 22:21:12 UTC

How to build Xerces-J?

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could tell me how to build Xerces-J project.  I
already downloaded version 1.3.1, and saw the makefiles.  I'm using
Visual Cafe now, and couldn't find how to build the project by using the
makefiles.  I got some errors at following when typed "make" under DOS:

make: Error -- Configuration file `/etc/startup.mk' not found

Thanks a lot for the help.

Peter Qi

Re: How to build Xerces-J?

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Peter Qi wrote:
> make: Error -- Configuration file `/etc/startup.mk' not found

Strange. Have you tried using Ant to build the project? I know
a lot of people use that these days. I still use the Makefiles
personally so I try to keep them up to date but I think we may
have switched over to Ant for regular builds.