Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net> on 2002/05/31 00:28:29 UTC

solved encoding problem

Hi,

I spent a lot of Time solving my German Umlaut Problem in Xindice with just
2 commands.
After getting the xmlData from Xindice i used the php-funktion utf8_decode()
and inserted the resulting string in a textarea. So now i can Edit the
content with my browser. When i hit the Save button, i use utf8_encode() and
write the resulting string back to xindice. Everything works fine ;)

I also tried the Atrezzo Admin, but to my Suprise they forgot the utf8
coding, so Atrezzo is not a good choice if u have to work with special
chars.

mfg Stefan

Re: solved encoding problem

Posted by Florin Tudor <fl...@sap.ro>.
Attrezo (http://attrezzo.sourceforge.net)
is a plugin for the Eclipse IDE (www.eclipse.org) that acts like a GUI
manager for Xindice
Only if conneced to a Xindice instance ...:)

Florin Tudor

> > I spent a lot of Time solving my German Umlaut Problem in Xindice with
just
> > 2 commands.
> > After getting the xmlData from Xindice i used the php-funktion
utf8_decode()
> > and inserted the resulting string in a textarea. So now i can Edit the
> > content with my browser. When i hit the Save button, i use utf8_encode()
and
> > write the resulting string back to xindice. Everything works fine ;)
> >
> > I also tried the Atrezzo Admin, but to my Suprise they forgot the utf8
> > coding, so Atrezzo is not a good choice if u have to work with special
> > chars.
> >
> > mfg Stefan
>
>  -----------------------------------------
> Encryption | Duncan Campbell | DST | Blacklisted 411 | ECHELON | 2600 |
PGP | Corsica | NSA

what is attrezzo

Posted by Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net>.
hi, > Cyrille

Perhabs you like to try the Eclipse/Attrezzo combination:
http://attrezzo.sourceforge.net/docs/walk_through/walk_through.html

it is an admin environment based on the eclipse GUI. In Eclipse there is a
lib directory, where u can put some other java packages, like the one from
attrezzo.

I think its nice, cause u have an editor for ur files, but there is an
encoding problem too. If u want to put files in ur xindice then use the
commandline or the Xindice-Browser written by Alexander Schatten.

mfg stefan

Re: solved encoding problem

Posted by Cyrille Giquello <cy...@ktaland.com>.
Hello,