Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Michal Kwiatek <Mi...@cern.ch> on 2005/03/06 22:24:12 UTC

Libraries to go with 3.1.1.

I have just migrated to 3.1.1 and I get strange problems: sometimes it
works, and somtimes it throws the following exception:

ERROR org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer - BasePeer.MapBuilder failed
trying to instantiate: ch.cern.jps.db.map.LogPieceM
apBuilder
org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Torque was not initialized properly.

I suspect there's a library conflict and it works or not depending on
which library gets loaded first.

I was looking for the correct libraries, but Torque web page points to
an invalid page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/torque/release/3.1.1/.

All you can download from torque webpage is torque-3.1.1.jar itself; no
other jars are available or listed.

Can you please tell me what libraries (and which versions) go with
torque 3.1.1?

Thanks,
Michal.

Re: Hlp

Posted by Brandon <ef...@hotmail.com>.
You won't be able to find anything on the Torque website that includes all
of the necessary properties files.  They don't include those in the
downloads.  It doesn't really make sense to include them because the
properties files are specific to project that you are creating, and are
useless and unnecessary in the torque and torque-gen jar files.  I suppose
it would be nice to have a zip file somewhere that stated all of the
necessary files, and had examples of them, but unfortunately that does not
exist.  It just doesn't make sense to include these files in the jars
though.  If you want to know what files you will need, a good place to start
is the tutorial on the website.  It probably won't answer all of your
questions, but it will answer many of them.  Here's a link:

http://db.apache.org/torque/tutorial/index.html

Off of the top of my head though, I think the necessary files would be a
project.properties, torque.properties, project.xml,
<yourProjectName>-schema.xml and an id-table-schema.xml.  See the tutorial
for examples.  Hope this helps.

-Brandon